TOBIN Consulting, GDG and LTMS are among the shortlisted projects for the Geoscience Ireland Award at this year’s Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards.
The Geoscience Ireland Award recognises exceptional achievement in design and/or delivery of projects requiring significant geo-scientific expertise e.g. involving geological, geochemical, geophysical, geotechnical or hydrogeological studies or projects in the development of natural resources, infrastructure and water services.
The shortlist comprises:
- Lisheen III Windfarm by TOBIN Consulting Engineers
- Design Optimisation of a Tidal Turbine Foundation by OpenHydro Technology/ Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions
- Irish Soil Information System by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)/ Teagasc/ Cranfield University/ University College Dublin
- Provision of Specialist Mine Training at Two Gold Mines in Siberia by Lisheen Technical & Mining Services Limited
- Irish Rail Cutting & Embankment Decision Support Tool by Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. & Irish Rail Iarnrod Eireann
GI Member Companies TOBIN & J.B.Barry are also represented in the Engineering Project of the Year category.
The Excellence Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 4 November at the InterContinental Dublin, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
For more information, ticketing and to vote for a project, please visit Engineers Ireland website.