Historic Deposition Area; Northern Ireland | AECOM (Ireland)
2016 – Present (2018)
Environment/ Contaminated Land/ Hydrogeology/ Risk Assessment/ Remediation/ Ecology
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- AECOM was commissioned to provide contaminated land and remediation services to assess potential risks associated with historical areas of contamination and review feasible remedial solutions.
- AECOM designed a programme of phased site investigations which included innovative investigation technologies such as membrane interface probes and passive flux meters. Sampling and monitoring of surface waters, groundwater and soils lead to the preparation of an environmental risk assessment.
- Following completion of a Remedial Options Appraisal (ROA), AECOM developed a holistic corrective action plan to remediate identified contamination.
Redevelopment of the site to control and minimise emission of chemicals of potential concern associated with the historical use of the site, to mitigate any possible exposure and to allow its safe use by the broader public.
- Site Investigation Design;
- Soil, soil vapour, groundwater, surface water monitoring;
- Odour Monitoring;
- Conceptual Site Model Development;
- Risk Assessments; and
- Development of Remedial Strategy.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Bernice Cahill – Bernice.Cahill@aecom.com