Geoscience Ireland (GI) will be participating at the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) virtual conference this March 8-11. While PDAC will be virtual this year the Irish presence remains strong with Team Ireland comprising government departments, research institutions and service providers.
PDAC is an important platform for promoting Ireland as an attractive destination for investment in mineral exploration and mining, and for promoting Irish geoscience skills to a global audience.
‘Team Ireland’ has been present at the convention for over 30 years. The annual ‘Ireland – Open for Business’ will occur online as part of PDAC’s International Stage (link) from 16:30 EST (21:30 GMT) on March 8th. The agenda for the forum is:
- Keynote Address; John Boylan, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ireland
- Clare Morgan and Eoin Deegan; Dept Environment, Climate and Communications
- Eoin McGrath; Head of Minerals, Geological Survey Ireland
- Murray Hitzman; Director, iCRAG, the SFI Research Centre for Applied Geosciences
- Andrew Gaynor, Business Development Manager, Geoscience Ireland; introducing Geoscience Ireland Member Companies:
- Lisheen Technical & Mining Services
- Irish Drilling
- Aurum Exploration
- CDM Smith
- Priority Drilling
- Closing Remarks; Sean Finlay, Business Development Director, Geoscience Ireland
GI will also be sharing a virtual booth with iCRAG for the duration of the show; we look forward to connecting with delegates over the course of the week. The Geoscience Policy Division and the Geoscience Regulation Office of the Department of Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC) will be represented at PDAC where delegates can receive updates on Irish policy.
GI member companies Aurum Exploration, BRG and SLR will be participating at the EU Booth where they will demonstrate the service expertise to delegates.
For further queries about Ireland at PDAC, please contact email@example.com.