Site Investigation and Waste Classification | Verde Environmental
Facebook EMEA HQ at former AIB Buildings, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Services (Technical Disciplines):
Design and complete site investigation and soil waste classification.
Project Objectives/ Outcomes:
Verde were engaged to design and complete a comprehensive contaminated site investigation and soil waste classification assessment of soils to be excavated at a proposed development site located in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Determination of appropriate off-site disposal options for soils requiring removal from the site.
- Drilling of 19 boreholes in the grounds of the proposed developments including boreholes within existing building basements.
- These included 7 shallow boreholes drilled to investigate extent of suspected contamination under a carpark.
- Installation of groundwater monitoring wells at selected locations.
- Retrieval of representative soil samples, in-situ recording and monitoring and extensive laboratory analysis of a representative selection of samples.
- Bulk density sampling and analysis of a selected soil samples.
- Completion of waste classification exercise using HazWasteOnline™ Tool. Completion of characterisation by comparing results to Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC).
- Preparation of Soil Waste Classification Report including detailed description of conditions encountered and containing excavation dig plan and recommendations for management of soils to be excavated material at the site.
Geoscience Ireland Contact:
Kevin Cleary (firstname.lastname@example.org)