Dublin Airport -SUDs carpark project.
Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) Long Term Red Carpark SUDs system.
Dublin Airport Authority
Infrastructure & Water Resources
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- Expertise in the production of permeable asphalt materials and high-quality gap graded fill materials. These products are crucial to the success of the designed Sustainable Urban Drainage system (SUDs).
- Specialist contracting team and equipment in installing these types of materials correctly in order to ensure the permeability of the pavement.
- The Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) required a product to help manage storm water at its long term parking facility.
- They required a cost-effective sustainable solution to the drainage challenges of the site. This included the need to tank and attenuate rain water with minimal falls across the site. The work also needed to be completed within a challenging schedule.
- An area of 62,000m2 was covered with the Permeabase™ and Duraflow™ pavement system providing a solution to the storm water management issues of the site. The project design criteria of improving the environmental impact of the site was achieved. The pavement and surface provided is easily maintained and has enhanced the facility with a superior finish for the DAA’s customers.
Roadstone provided experience and knowledge in the area of materials production and installation. We designed, produced and supplied the materials required to meet the design specification for the project with the end result being one of the largest SUDs systems carparks in Ireland.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Ciaran Collier – firstname.lastname@example.org