Artisanal & Small Scale Mining Development Program Strategy
Development Program Strategy for Artisanal & Small Scale Mining as part of the World Bank MAGTAP Project
Development Program Strategy for Artisanal & Small Scale Mining
The World Bank and the Ministry of Minerals and Energy Resources (MIREME) in Mozambique
Services (Technical Disciplines)
Institutional Capacity Building
The objective is to build institutional capacity in MIREME to facilitate and regulate the ongoing development of the Artisanal & Small-Scale Mining (ASM) sector.
The project is sponsored by the World Bank “Mining and Gas Technical Assistance Project” (MAGTAP)
The final outputs will include:
- A step-by-step best practice Guide to Artisanal Mining, and
- The preparation of a costed national Implementation Plan.
- Research into current best international practice;
- Site visits to artisanal mines, with ongoing stakeholder consultation;
- Development of technical and environmental regulations and associated policy framework to reduce the negative impacts of mining.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Dr Deidre Lewis – email@example.com