Geoscience Ireland facilitates major expansion of Chopin Airport Poland through engineering design services
Chopin Airport (2010)
Polish Airports State Enterprise (PPL)
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- airfield pavement design (bituminous and concrete)
- traffic management design ( including future code F operations)
- navigational lighting and airfield signage design
- drainage design and surface water attenuation
- preparation of planning, construction and tender documentation
Due to the volume of air traffic and increasing demand for air travel, Polish Airport State Enterprise determined that upgrade works would be required in order for the airport to continue to cope with large traffic volumes.
Geoscience Ireland partners were appointed to provide design for construction of three new taxiways (including rapid exit taxiway), upgrade of airport taxi aprons 2, 4 and 6, and expansion of taxiways and aprons to accommodate code E aircraft operations (including Boeing 787 Dreamliner). Total pavement areas to be incorporated into TOBIN’s design were approximately 200,000m2.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Siobhan Tinnelly: Siobhan.email@example.com