SWEX Development Contract, Rehabilitation and Pipeline Installation, Conveyor Drift Rehabilitation and Waste mucking and trucking.
Contract Underground Mining
Navan, Co. Meath
New Boliden Tara Mines Ltd
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- Drilling and Blasting
- Mucking and Trucking
- Bolting, Meshing and Screening
- Mechanical and Manual Scaling
- Services Installation
- SWEX Development Contract. QME excavated 4 underground raise bore chambers. These chambers were shotcreted, bolted, concrete pad formed and water supply chamber created.
- Rehabilitation and Pipeline Installation. Work involved cutting down old mesh, mechanical scaling, manual scaling, remesh, rebolt and shotcrete.
- Installation of #5 Pump Station. Fitting/fabrication of 3,500m of heavy wall 12″ pipe through busy underground roadways and alongside 1,500m of underground conveyors. This involved the design of specialist equipment for pipe erection in very confined spaces and pipe placement in inclined bore holes.
- Conveyor Drift Rehabilitation. Rebolting, meshing and screening of existing conveyor drift and shotcreting of conveyor access drifts. This project involves working in and around conveyor belt structure from manually installed working platforms.
- Waste Mucking and Trucking. Provision, operation of mucking fleet.
QME implemented the necessary tasks as project manager and contractor enabling the Client to rapidly develop and access new mineral resources quickly, without effecting existing production schedules. The work involved innovative solutions in confined areas alongside existing infrastructure.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Peter McParland – firstname.lastname@example.org