Earth Observation for the Mining of Raw Materials (EO4RM) | LTMS
European Space Agency
The European Space Agency has engaged a consortium led by Stichting Deltares (NL), including LTMS Limited, to carry out the project ‘Earth Observation (EO) for the mining of Raw Materials’ (EO4RM). The main objective of this study is to establish current geo-information needs and best practices for the use of Earth Observation based products and services for the mining sector.
Project Objectives/ Outcomes
The expected outputs of the project are:
- To unlock current Earth Observation services and products for the mining sector
- To showcase these services and products in a virtual platform
- To build a Roadmap towards EO services best practice guidelines
As part of the project, the consortium has engaged an International Industry Board (IIB), who will advise the consortium on the project throughout each stage.
The role of LTMS is threefold:
- To identify the current EO practices in use at various stages of the Mining Life Cycle (MLC). This includes the management of a Workshop to be held in Brussels in June 2019.
- To carry out a desktop review of geoinformation requirements related to each MLC process, based on current uses and potential future uses.
- To support the other three consortium members to develop a Virtual Platform to assess how new technologies can be identified and implemented into the MLC.
Geoscience Ireland Contact