Leading an international multi-disciplinary consortium to provide quality infrastructure in energy, the environment, transport and the social sector.
Infrastructure Projects Facility in Western Balkans
Western Balkans Region
Albania, Croatia, Kosovo, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
European Community / Local beneficiaries
Environment, Energy, Transport and Social sectors
Services (Technical Disciplines)
The objective of this project is to support the development and upgrading of infrastructures in transport, environment and energy as well as in the social field, in order to create the conditions for sustainable development in the region and beneficiary countries.
Geoscience Ireland partners are leading an international consortium to deliver the project which is supporting the generation and funding of desperately needed, high-quality infrastructural remediation and improvement projects in Albania, Croatia, Kosovo, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. This is being achieved through the establishment of an Infrastructure Project Facility to support the preparation of investment projects.
The project consists of three main components:
- Working with all stakeholders in the region, including the International Funding Institutions (IFIs) to identify and remove administrative bottlenecks and solve non-technical problems;
- Developing a pipeline of quality infrastructure projects supported by the IFIs from drafting and approval of terms of reference, through preparatory studies to implementation and project monitoring;
- Training and Capacity, to ensure the sustainability of project outcomes, building sets of skills at national level across the region.
- Feasibility studies;
- Completed design including detailed technical design of infrastructure projects including water/waste water;
- Development of budget and financing plans;
- Design and delivery of training courses;
- Support in carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation of civil and engineering works;
- Social and Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Mapping of stakeholders;
- Project management.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Michael Looby – email@example.com