Environmental Adviser as part of an International team.
Khalifa Port Industrial Zone (2009-2011)
Khalifa, Abu Dhabi
Water Services, Environment and Infrastructure
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- Wastewater Strategy
- Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste management strategy
- Seveso and quantitive risk modelling
- Air quality assessment
Khalifa Port Industrial Zone is a 200 sq km heavy industrial and commercial zone and deep water Port. One of the largest in the Gulf Region, which commenced in 2008. Phase 1 involves the construction of a deepwater Port to enable the existing Port to move from the centre of Abu Dhabi, near the worlds largest aluminium smelter, 2 new power stations and a hot metal processing mill.
Environmental Adviser as part of an International team lead by IDI to undertake the following:
- Prepare a Process Wastewater Strategy and determine design and treatment options for wastewater; generate budget costs
- Determine final treated sewage effluent and process wastewater quality standards and determine most appropriate treatment technology
- Prepare Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste management strategy for solid and liquid waste and detailed plan
- Seveso and quantitative risk modelling to determine appropriate distances between major accident hazard installations to enable KPIZ land-use zoning
- Air quality assessment. Determination of capacity available in the airshed to receive emissions and proposal of ambient air quality standards for KPIZ.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Teri Hayes – firstname.lastname@example.org