One South County
2015 – 2021
Leopardstown, Dublin 18
Services (Technical Disciplines)
Civil, Structural and Safety
Project Objectives/ Outcomes
12,840 sq.m five story contemporary HQ, LEED Gold targeted, emphasising sustainability with its penthouse garden roof, terraces and fully glazed facade.
Structural Elements include:
• Concrete frame with lateral stability provided by concrete cores.
• Columns typically on 7.5 x 8.0m grid.
• Floor plates are typically 300mm flat concrete slabs.
• Frames step back at 5th floor to allow generous terraces and a roof garden to the edge of the building.
• The two wings of the building are connected by 3 no bridges at each floor in a glazed atrium supported on a steel structure.
JB Barry and Partners provided Civil/Structural, PSDP and Assigned Certifier Services for this project from initial concept through permitting, detailed design / tender and construction.
Geoscience Ireland Contact | Kieran O’Dwyer (email@example.com)