Supporting the Algerian Ministry of Water in managing its water resources.
Algeria – Programme to support water resource sector (2006-2010)
- International Development
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- Institutional Strengthening
The aim of this project is to support the Algerian Ministry of Water in its implementation of the programme to support the water resources sector.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Contribute to the sustainable satisfaction of consumer demand for water;
- Restore the image of water quality in the sector;
- Improve the performance of all stakeholders within the framework of an integrated water management strategy;
- Facilitate savings in the use of water and the protection of the environment around water resources.
Geoscience Ireland team is working with the Algerian Ministry of Water to achieve:
- The updating and consolidation of the National Water Plan against the background of reform of the Algerian Administration;
- The strengthening of legal, regulatory and judicial frameworks and the reinforcement of communication and information networks;
- The delivery of dynamic tools, such as a quantitative and qualitative knowledge of the sector and the means to ensure that decisions are defined and implemented effectively, including the ability to test prior to implementation in specific cases.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Michael Looby – email@example.com