Project management and Advisory Services to the Trepça Mining Complex, Kosovo
Delivering sustainable mining development and environment rehabilitation to the Trepça Mining Complex, Kosovo
Project Management and Advisory Services to the Trepça Mining Complex, Kosovo
United Nations Interim Administration in Kosovo/EU Pillar IV (UNMIK/PIV)
Mining & Minerals
Services (Technical Disciplines)
- International Development
- Environmental Management & Rehabilitation
- Sustainable Development
The Trepça Complex in Kosovo comprises eight lead-zinc mines, concentrators, lead and zinc smelters, refinery and associated industrial facilities. A Management and Advisory Team were asked to fill key line management positions to revitalise the mining complex in a sustainable manner, reporting to the Trepça Management Board until 2001, in a post-conflict situation.
Geoscience Ireland team directed the Trepça Mining Complex:
- Management & business planning to bring economically viable assets into production;
- Environmental remediation & clean-up;
- Accounts maintenance as per International Accounting Standards;
- Selling liquid assets, scrap metal, lead & zinc concentrate, silver, gold and other products in accordance with good business practice and subject to the direction and approval of UNMIK;
- Assisted the Department of Trade and Industry to prepare discrete Trepca assets for commercialisation through long-term leases or management contracts.
- Initiating retraining of retrenched members of workforce.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Dr. Deirdre Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org