Improvements in the drinking water (treatment and distribution) and wastewater (collection and treatment) over a 43 month period.
Technical Assistance and Supervision of 3 ISPA Contracts in Deva and Hunedoara
Deva and Hunedoara
Ministry of Economy & Finance, Romania
Water & Wastewater
Services (Technical Disciplines)
Sewer Surveying, Hydraulic Modelling, Catchment Protection Plan, Detailed Design Review, Construction Supervision, Contract Administration, Project Management.
Improvements in the drinking water (treatment and distribution) and wastewater (collection and treatment), over a 43 month contract period.
- Technical Assistance to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in Deva and Hunedoara towns (total population of 144,000), in Western Romania
- Management Support for Water and Wastewater Utility Operator and municipal authorities
- Detailed Design Review and Contract Supervision for 3 Construction Contracts – viz.:
- Pipelines 200km up to 2.0m diam. €26.7 million
- Water Treatment Plants €15.0 million and
- Wastewater Treatment Plants – 185,000 P.E. €18.0 million
- Design and implementation of a Publicity Plan & Awareness Campaign for the Project
- Preparation of WS and WW Masterplans and an Application for further Funding (Phase II) under the Cohesion Fund
Project also includes Training Programmes designed and delivered associated with the above task groups.
- Project management including design, technical and financial management and supervision
- Site Surveying, Pipeline Condition Surveys and Leakage Detection, Hydro/Geotechnical Site Investigation & Analysis
- Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Financial/Economic Analysis
- Cohesion Fund Application
- Detailed Design (FIDIC Yellow Book Contracts)
- Employer’s Requirements (FIDIC Yellow Book Contracts – D&B Procurement)
- Tender Evaluation & Award
- Supervision of Construction
- Contract Administration
- Quality Control
- Financial & Budgetary Control
- Processing of Claims, Dispute Resolution
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Anne Marie Conibear – firstname.lastname@example.org