Engineers Ireland has announced its shortlists for the 2018 Awards including the Geoscience Ireland Award.
The Geoscience Ireland Award, now in its forth year, has shortlisted five projects:
- TAGS by Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions
- Ballygaddy Bridge – Bespoke Treatment of Karst Feature by Barry Transportation
- The National CFRAM Programme by The Office of Public Works, with support from Jacobs Engineering Ireland, JBA Consulting, Mott MacDonald and RPS
- Northern Spire Bridge by Roughan and O’Donovan; Farrans Victor Buyck Joint Venture; Quinn Piling; and Fugro-Loadtest
- Post Impact Assessment of KS Endeavour Rig Blowout by Verde Environmental Group
Geoscience Ireland member companies which have been shortlisted in other categories include:
- Aran Sweater Market – Galway by TOBIN Consulting Engineers and Architectural Conservation Professionals (ACP)
- Kerry Central Regional Water Supply Scheme by Irish Water, in association with Kerry County Council, Nicholas O’Dwyer, TOBIN Consulting Engineers and Glan Agua.
- Julie Clarke, Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions – Chartered Engineer of the Year Award
The winner will be announced on Friday, 9th November 2018, and the full list of categories and finalists can be found here.