Kilgallioch Wind Farm | Fehily Timoney
Kilgallioch Wind Farm | Fehily Timoney & Co
Fehily Timoney & Co
05/2015 – 10/2017
Services (Technical Disciplines)
FT provided full Civil / Structural and Geotechnical design services for Kilgallioch Wind Farm as Farrans Design partner for this D&B project.
96 Gamesa Wind Turbines were subsequently installed over an area of approximately 32 km2 which equates to a potential power output of 239 MW (or approx.. 130,000 homes). At the time of construction, Kilgallioch was the second largest onshore windfarm in the UK.
The project included the following key elements:
- 96 No. Gamesa (G90 & G114) turbine bases
- 70 km of access road
- Sustainable Drainage (SUDS) design for access roads, bases and hard standings.
- Environmental mitigation designs,
- Crane hardstandings for each of the turbine locations
- Site Supervision
- Substation and Control building design
- Design of culverts and bridges structures
- Assessment and refurbishment of existing structures.
Geoscience Ireland Contact
Tom Clayton – email@example.com
Eamon Timoney – Eamon.firstname.lastname@example.org